Wednesday, June 22, 2016

This Ingredient Makes Excellent Jam

I had recently seen an article on chia seed jam, and over the weekend I decided to try it. 

Hey, I had chia seeds, I had strawberries! I had honey.

I decided to slice up the strawberries and put them in the food processor with a half cup of water, and pulsed it til they were of a consistency for a smoothie. 

I poured into a glass bowl and added a half cup of chia seeds to the 2 dozen strawberries (about half a carton) that I had used. I then placed in the fridge and awaited the magic!

The next day I added honey and gave it a stire- the jam was good enough to eat right out of the bowl, and is excellent on toast. 

It’s a bit runny, and  I’m excited I was able to pull this together so quickly.

The next day, I used the rest for my breakfast smoothie.


What flavor shall I try next- blackberries or blueberries!


No comments:

Time to Plan NYE 2023! Get Ready for 2024 with These Great Products

 It's that time again, the end of the year and time to rest, relax, and recharge to 2024! Here's what to wear, what to eat and how t...