Try this recipe for an easy weeknight dinner.
· 1 tbsp Avocado oil
· 2 tsp Kosher Salt
· 1 medium Butternut Squash peeled, cubed
· 4 cups kale
· 1 box Explore Cuisine Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
· 2 tbsp fresh Sage sliced into very thin ribbons for garnish (optional)
Creamy Ricotta Sage Sauce
· 1 tbsp avocado oil
· 4 cloves cloves garlic, minced
· 2 tbsp shallot, minced
· 1 cup ricotta cheese*
· 1/2 cup milk
· 1/4 cup fresh sage sliced into very thin ribbons
· 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
· Freshly ground pepper & salt to taste
Preparation 15 Minutes + 30 Minutes cooking
1. Roast butternut squash: Preheat oven to 400 F. If using a whole butternut squash, peel, de-seed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Toss butternut cubes in avocado oil and spread evenly on baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt and roast for 30 minutes or until tender enough that a fork can easily pierce squash.
2. While the squash is roasting, cook fettuccine. Brink 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot, add fettuccine and simmer for 7 minutes to cook pasta to al dente. Drain pasta.
3. Add baby kale to hot pasta pot, pour drained, hot pasta over the kale and cover pot. This will warm and wilt the kale just enough so it's not chewy.
4. As squash continues to cook, prepare creamy ricotta sage sauce. Spread avocado oil in saucepan and warm over medium heat. Add minced garlic and shallot to pan and cook until fragrant - about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
Add ricotta cheese, milk, sage, and nutmeg to saucepan, mix all ingredients together and bring to a simmer. Stir constantly for 5-7 minutes or until sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once squash is cooked, remove from oven and transfer to pot with fettuccine and kale. Pour ricotta sauce over the kale, fettuccine and squash mixture and toss to coat.
6. Transfer Fettuccine to serving dish or plate and serve warm.
Recipe Credit: Explore Cuisine
Prep Time: 45 min
Servings: 6-8 people