Friday, April 6, 2018

Get to Know Country Music Star Sara Spicer!

Come along on a journey with me as I sit down with Country music star Sara Spicer- with the voice of an angel and a fabulous personality- we know this girl is made of magic stuff. 


Q: What began you on your journey of music and singing?
A: My dad is a musician so I grew up on country music! It's in my blood and I knew from a young age it was my dream! 

Q: What music genre do you classify yourself as?
A: Country/pop

Q: What/ who were /are your influences?
A: Celine Dion is one of my favorite vocalists of all time! Patsy Cline helped influence me as well. And of course, seeing my dad love singing made me realize how much passion I truly had for it. 

Q: Tell me about the song, Heaven's Gate, your first single, inspired, sadly, by the loss of your mom. How did that impact your music and writing your songs?
A: The song Heaven's gate is obviously a very special song I hold dear to my heart. It was the first "real" song I wrote. I have wonderful memories of my mom and losing her was hard, but through trials and tribulations, it made me a stronger person. I think it made me a better songwriter. It's truly helped me better express myself through music. I just want to inspire others to push through hard times and know it will be okay.

Q: Your songwriter partner is Heidi Hamels. How did the two of you meet?
A: Heidi and I met through a mutual friend. My best friend’s dad teaches Heidi’s children piano. He asked me if I wanted to write with Heidi and I was so excited! It blossomed into so much more and I'm now a part of her label HH entertainment. Not only did it grow with a business relationship, but she's truly one of my best friends and she's like a sister to me. It's been the most enjoyable collaboration for me thus far and I don't see that changing. 

Q: How has your music evolved since you first began playing music?

A: I have grown so much as an artist and a songwriter. Like any craft, you must practice it in order to get better. I'm still learning new ways to better myself every day! 

Q: What are you planning on next?
A: The plan is to tour this summer. (Stay tuned for tour dates!)

Q: What do you like to do in your spare time that lends creativity to your singing/songwriting? 
A: I love to travel and take my experiences from that and incorporate them into my songwriting. I also enjoy listening to other artists and learning more about different styles of writing. 

Q: What is the biggest challenge you have while on the road?
A: The biggest challenge is probably missing my loved ones and my dog.


No comments:

Time to Plan NYE 2023! Get Ready for 2024 with These Great Products

 It's that time again, the end of the year and time to rest, relax, and recharge to 2024! Here's what to wear, what to eat and how t...