Thursday, August 15, 2013

Food for Thought

Today my friend Steph raised a really great point. Something probably many of you know and I'm just getting clued in.

Food is to fuel the body, nothing more.

That's not to say you can't get enjoyment from food, but I enjoy it way too much. For me, it's a process.  My best friend R once said I get takeout a lot b/c i can come home, sit in front of the TV and tuck in to my spread of goodies. It's an evening of relaxation.

Yep, then somehow dinner turns into 3 hours in front of the tv, now I'm full of sugar and fat and carbs and it's bedtime.

However I need to remember it's just food and I'm spending way too much time enjoying food, buying food, going out for food when I should be doing other things- like working out, reading, writing, job hunting, but less-food-centered activities.

Today is a prime example.

I don't feel all that great, but had a small amount of scrambled eggs and veggies and tea for breakfast, then roast beef and salad w oil/vinegar for lunch.

I also got shot down for a job i was really hoping I'd get, and a part-time job where I had worked for years just cancelled the entire program.

Right now, is prime eating time. i'd love to pig out on ice cream to feel better, but i won't. 

No comments:

Time to Plan NYE 2023! Get Ready for 2024 with These Great Products

 It's that time again, the end of the year and time to rest, relax, and recharge to 2024! Here's what to wear, what to eat and how t...