Thursday, October 2, 2008

Frugalness- day 1 !

I got this idea from One Frugal Girl’s website to only buy things on sale or with a coupon and never pay full price for anything for a month. My friend a friend of mine, that’s the only way he shops, but I am going t ]o try it.

Oct 1
8x10 picture frame- first thing I bought, before I decided to take on this challenge. From Michael’s and probably could have found a coupon online, or better yet, bought one at a flea market for a quarter or something.
$7.15 (tax incl)

50 oz bottle of vanilla flavoring- I got this for my cappuccinos to make at home. My old-old ex the evil H got my rents a cappuccino maker for Christmas out first year together..oh 1994? The thing still works perfectly and for pennies a cup, it’s much cheaper than spending $3.50 for a tall latte. I got this at Marshall’s, so it was already a bargain!
$6.35 (tax incl)

Free Chocolate Fondue Dessert from the Melting Pot- My friend Kathie and I hit this up last night- very yum! And i had a coupon from my BD for a free dessert- got the yin and yang chocolate (white and dark!!) fondue. BLISS!!!
Dinner was pricey, but saved $16.00. And so worth it. Also probably didn’t need to buy the none-dollar martini either.

Lemongrass and soap- After dinner K and I ran to Pier one around the corner. I love this store! I try not to frequent it too much anymore in the issue of saving money. I really wanted one of those reed diffusers but they were $12. I got some lemongrass soap (98 cents) and a small bottle of lemongrass shampoo ($1) b/c I seem to have an excess of conditioner and not enough shampoo. All from the faboo clearance section of course! Originally these items were for $5 each! So I saved about $8!
$2.15 (tax incl)

On the way home form my evening excursion I realized I forgot to stop at Petco and really needed kitty litter. (I cleaned out the box the day before..OMG yuck. Sorry GingerSpice!!) So I was on the phone with my frugal friend who said kitty litter was on sale at tar-shaaaay, so i swerved in before they closed and got two 20 pound jugs for $7 each (Saved about $4) and fancy feast cat for 10 cans for $5- a very big bargain b/c Genuardi’s sells these for 87 cents a can!!

Then I dropped the jig on the ground at home and some poured out…not cool. But I managed to scoop some back in.

So I guess I saved about $7. So I bought some espresso chip ice cream that I have been craving and that this target hadn’t stocked for WEEKS! So I was happy!

Saved about $30 if I had paid full price for everything!!! Go me!!!

No comments:

Time to Plan NYE 2023! Get Ready for 2024 with These Great Products

 It's that time again, the end of the year and time to rest, relax, and recharge to 2024! Here's what to wear, what to eat and how t...