Tuesday, November 20, 2012

marTini Tuesday: Creating a Thanksgiving Pumpkin Martini


So, here we are in another edition of marTini Tuesday! Just a few days before Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all I have- actually I am thankful and grateful for what I have year round, but I'm just spelling it out for y'all today.

Things I am immensely grateful for:

  • My immediate family: Maman, Dadu, Budman and his fiancĂ©e Ms, and Meem
  • My friends: I'm so lucky to have so many amazing friends that I cannot name them all, but they know who they are and have supported me through some incredibly rough times, especially recently. I try to do a lot for my friends and I really appreciate those who take time for me, listen, ask me to hang out and spend time with them, and just laugh and have fun with. Having just one friend is a gift, having many is a blessing.
  • Having a job. To work and support myself in a way that I love is satisfying and soothing. Of course, nothwithstanding, I work way TOO much, but that's ok. That beach house ain't gonna buy itself.
  • My kitteh. No words can describe this gorgeous spicey meatball. Just luv.
  • A house and car, nothing fancy, but they are mine.
  • Being able to write and share my travels and fun with you, my readers!



I've been on the hunt for a pumpkin martini and many places seem to run of of the pumpkin vodka or puree so I've decided to take it upon myself to create the best one I can make.

Most of these fall flavor concoctions take on the likes of pumpkin pie- pumpkin vodka or vanilla vodka, caramel vodka or liqueur, pumpkin puree, ginger ale, Kahlua, cream, milk or half and half, and a spice to round it out- nutmeg, vanilla sugar and my favorite, cinnamon.

A few friends sent me recipes to try, and after playing with the ingedients, I think I have one.

I think I created a pretty delicious libation here, if I do say so myself!

I went with some vanilla vodka, pumpkin puree, a shot of ginger ale made from my SodaStream, Godiva caramel liquor and cinnamon. I call it Engchik’s Pumpkin Pie Martini! Enjoy!

Hope you have much to be thankful for, and Happy Thanksgiving from Engchik and have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!




No comments:

Time to Plan NYE 2023! Get Ready for 2024 with These Great Products

 It's that time again, the end of the year and time to rest, relax, and recharge to 2024! Here's what to wear, what to eat and how t...