National Chocolate Day!
FUN CHOCOLATE FACTS:
- The scientific name for the tree that chocolate comes from, Theobroma cacao, means “Food of the Gods.”
- Chocolate has over 600 flavor compounds, while red wine has just 200.
- Dark chocolate is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.
- The smell of chocolate triggers theta brain waves, which triggers relaxation.
- The name GODIVA comes from the famous story of Lady Godiva, who rode a horse naked through the streets as part of an agreement to lift taxation from her fellow
townspeople in 11th Century Coventry, England. The townspeople were grateful for Lady Godiva’s generosity, and in turn, agreed to close their shutters to preserve Lady Godiva’s modesty.
- In 1926, when GODIVA founder Joseph Draps opened his first GODIVA Chocolatier shop in Brussels, Belgium, Godiva became the chocolatier of choice in Belgium and the talk of the chocolate world.
THE CHOCOLATE LOVER’S GUIDE TO CELEBRATING NATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY
For the adventurous chocolate lover:
- GODIVA’S Mousse Meringues
- Airy, cloud-like meringue pieces are nestled within a smooth and sumptuous mousse, which is enveloped in GODIVA’s signature dark, milk or white Belgian chocolate. The six delectable mousse flavors include chocolate, hazelnut praline, strawberry, mandarin almond, lemon, and coffee.
For the reticent chocolate lover:
- GODIVA’S Sables Biscuits
- Delicate in appearance but strong in flavor, the Sables Biscuits strike the perfect balance between wonderfully sophisticated and wickedly indulgent. Dipped in premium Belgian chocolate, the irresistible pieces have an indulgent, crunchy texture that will delight with every bite.
For the chocolate fanatic:
- GODIVA 70 pc. Gold Ballotin-Classic
- Inside is an irresistible assortment of delicious reasons to indulge including a variety of milk, dark and white chocolates with classic Belgian fillings such as silky ganaches, creamy pralines, rich caramels, fruits and nuts.
And don’t forget to check out GODIVA’s Instagram for beautiful imagery of their delicious chocolate offerings.