Friday, November 3, 2017

Northeast Loves Beef- Savory Beef & Provolone Crepes with Caramelized Onions

Onions in the slow cooker
When my friend Allie at Philadelphia Housewives told me about this contest I was excited as I love beef- who doesn't love eating beef! But hello- working with my Crock POT?! OH YES PLEASE!

I love working with a Crock Pot for just about everything- if I can simmer a stew or cook a chowder, I'm a happy kitchen camper. I have several crock pots and thought about which one to use. I decided on my mid size one.

For this recipe- I was trying to think out of the box, and I came up with a few of my favorite things- all rolled into one- my Cheesesteak Crepes.

- A package of stew meat or beef cubes
- 1/4 glass of red wine
- 6 sweet onions
- a package of fresh whole mushrooms
- 4 fresh crepes
- olive oil
- butter
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, and onion salt
- bottle of sriracha
- ketchup


I started the beef cubes with the red wine in the crock pot with salt, pepper, and onion and garlic salt.

After the beef and onions cooked for 5 hours in the Crock Pot, I added freshly sliced mushrooms, and let everything slow cook for another hour.


In my other white crock pot, I caramelized onions for about 12 hours- I used sweet onions sliced up, a dash of olive oil, and a teaspoon of butter, and let those onions create a caramelized flavor to add a sweet heat to this delicious dinner.

When dinner was about ready, I made the crepes then laid out provolone cheese and added the caramelized onions.
Then I added the beef and mushroom mixture.
The beef had shredded to melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness, and the onions were sweet.
The provolone added a sharp kick, and I added garlic salt and a few drops of sriracha to the ketchup for a savory topping.

Putting this together was fun and original and we all enjoyed beefsteak crepes with provolone and caramelized onions for dinner from the crockpot.
Engchik Eats savory beef and provolone crepes with caramelized onions and Sriracha ketchup

No comments:

Time to Plan NYE 2023! Get Ready for 2024 with These Great Products

 It's that time again, the end of the year and time to rest, relax, and recharge to 2024! Here's what to wear, what to eat and how t...