•1 Florida avocado or 2 California avocados
•1/4 cup coconut syrup, or to taste
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•2 tablespoons lemon juice
•1/2-inch piece lemon peel
•Approximately 1/4 cup almond milk, as needed
•Fresh strawberries or raspberries for garnish
•Finely grated coconut
- Cut avocado or avocados in half lengthwise.
- Remove pit and scoop out flesh.
- Place flesh in a blender along with coconut syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, adding as much milk as needed to make it blendable.
- Taste and add more sweetener if necessary.
- Put the mousse in chilled sherbet glasses.
- Top with strawberries or raspberries and sprinkle with a little grated coconut.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serves 4–6.
Cherie Calbom is a leading authority on healthy diets, juicing, and weight loss. Known as a celebrity nutritionist, Juice Lady, and TV chef. she is a graduate of Bastyr University with a Master of Science degree in whole foods nutrition, Cherie is author of 31 books including Sugar Knockout, The Anti-Inflammation Diet, and The Juice Lady’s Big Book of Juices and Green Smoothies. No stranger to healthy diet trends, Cherie joined George Foreman as nutritionist and spokesperson in the Knockout the Fat Grilling phenomena.