Celebrate Hot Dog Month with these amazing recipes from award-winning chef and Restaurateur Eric LeVine!
Hot Dog Taco
· 1 tbsp butter
· 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
· 3/4 C milk
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1/2 tsp white pepper
· 1 large jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
· 1 1/2 C cheddar cheese (I used a combination of regular and sharp cheddar)
To make the cheese sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
Whisk in the milk, garlic powder, white pepper, salt, and jalapeno pepper, and cook until slightly thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
· 1 medium tomato, diced
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
· 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
· 1 green onion, finely chopped
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper (to taste,) cilantro and green onion.
Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until evenly distributed.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
CREDIT: Eric LeVine, Multi-award Winning Chef, Restaurateur and Author www.ChefEricLeVine.com
Morris Tap & Grill http://www.morristapandgrill.com/
Paragon Tap & Table http://www.paragonnj.com/