|Photo credit: Carnival Cruise Line|
Today is National Chocolate Cake Day and Carnival Cruise Line has a sweet (and decadent) way to celebrate the holiday—by recreating its most famous dessert.
Carnival serves approximately 12 million Warm Chocolate Melting Cakes a year, making it the most-requested dessert across the fleet.
The warm fudgy cake is a staple on Carnival Cruise Line ships and a must have for all guests. The best news is that this much-lauded dessert is a cinch to make at home!
Melting Chocolate Cake
Yield: 4 Servings
6 oz. Dark Chocolate
6 oz. Butter
4 ea. Eggs
6 oz. Sugar
2 oz. Flour
1 Tbs. Powdered Sugar
· Melt the chocolate & butter
· Mix the eggs & sugar and whisk for few minutes, add the flour
· Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
· Pour the mix in a greased mold
· Bake directly in the oven at 200 C° for 14 minutes
· Top with powdered sugar
Note: Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture. Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish
Happy National Chocolate Cake Day!