Substituting flour for cauliflower can cut calories and add extra nutritional value to your pizza night. Try this easy cauliflower pizza crust recipe, courtesy of Terra's Kitchen.
What you need
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
What to do
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7 to 8 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.
Recipe Credit: Terra's Kitchen